Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 41242: /trunk/ /trunk/ui/gtk/: edit_packet_comment_dlg.c edit_packet_comment_dlg.h main_statusbar.c /trunk/: file.c file.h summary.c /trunk/wiretap/: wtap.c

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 00:06:19 -0800

On Feb 29, 2012, at 1:36 PM, Stig Bjørlykke wrote:

- What about having a severity for each packet comment, with a
matching color?  Some notes are important while some are just for info
or clarification.

Note that this would require either a convention for the text of the comment, or a new option in pcap-NG, to save
severity information (for other file formats we'd presumably just have to tag all comments as "info", as we don't get
to modify, for example, NetMon or Network Instruments Observer format).