Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Developer documentation

From: Anders Broman <anders.broman () ericsson com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 15:52:44 +0200

-----Original Message-----
From: wireshark-dev-bounces () wireshark org [mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces () wireshark org] On Behalf Of Teto
Sent: den 30 september 2011 15:36
Cc: Developer support list for Wireshark
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Developer documentation

ok it works with command line "doxygen doxygen.cfg.in" from epan folder. I thought "doxygen.cfg.in" was included by
the >root doxygen.cfg without checking it. My bad.

Patches to build docs are welcome.
What should the patch do ?

Thanks a lot.

Well as you discovered the doxygen support is sketchy, the ultimate goal would be to be able to build
Documentation from the top dir with chapters on
 - epan
 - gtk
 - wiretap
 - AirPcap(?)
 - ?
If I remember correctly I wasn't to pleased with the structure of the result for epan either, quite possible
Functions and parameters are missing. The existing ones could do with better documentation and grouping.
So anything that improves the current state really.
Regards
Anders