Wireshark mailing list archives

plugin development

From: shjoon OoO <shjoon19 () hotmail com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 00:38:59 +0400

Hi all,
I am a beginner in wireshark development environment

What I need is to add our message protocol which consists of n-bytes in Header, n-bytes in message body and then
n-bytes for checksum as a plugin

I had gone through the documentation to see how the plugin can be developed , but i couldn't compile the Foo plugin
example

actually i could not generate Makefile ( i am using linux/Ubuntu)
so please if u have any idea about how to generate a Makefile & what are the functions needed to add new protocol &
dissect the packet , reply to me ASAP.

Thanks,
Sara