Wireshark mailing list archives

Unknown Diameter AVPs

From: Franck Rymeyko <frymeyko () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 17:58:59 +0200

Hello,

I know that that kind of problem has already been often raised, but I
couldn't make it work in my case.
I would like to add an vendor-specific Diameter AVP definition.

First, I don't know where to put it: in file dictionary.xml, in file
chargecontrol.xml (it's an AVP for Credit Control Application (4)), or in a
file created on purpose for this specific vendor (in this last case, I have
to add a line like "&<Name of the vendor>;" at the end of the dictionary.xml
file)?

Is there something special to do so that Wireshark (version 1.6.2) takes
this definition into account? Just relaunch, or something else?

Thanks in advance.
Franck