Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: RTCP: Filtering SDES items in 'tshark'

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter () xs4all nl>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 11:26:29 +0100

Hi,

That should happen (given an up-to-date tshark version) by
using -E OCCURRENCE=A

Thanks,
Jaap

On Mon, 7 Nov 2011 17:09:45
+0000, Martin Thorpe wrote:

Hi all

Hope everyone is well :-)

Quick question, I am receiving RTCP packets to a Linux host where
I am writing away to MySQL based on several thresholds being reached, I
would like to write ALL the SDES 'Text' field information but I can only
seem to grab part of it, here is an example of the data that is coming
in:

Real-time Transport Control Protocol (Source description)

10.. .... = Version: RFC 1889 Version (2)
..0. .... = Padding: False

...0 0001 = Source count: 1
Packet type: Source description (202)

Length: 23 (96 bytes)
Chunk 1, SSRC/CSRC 0x2CE7939A
Identifier:
0x2ce7939a (753374106)
SDES items
Type: CNAME (user and domain)
(1)
Length: 26
Text: ext123456@10.10.10.10:1234 [1]
Type: PHONE
(phone number) (4)
Length: 5
Text: 50035
Type: TOOL (name/version
of source app) (6)
Length: 50
Text: IP Telephone (IP Telephone
Firmware Version)
Type: END (0)

Now using my capture running as
follows I only am able to display (using fields) the final piece of text
from the SDES items:

tshark -i eth0 -o "rtp.heuristic_rtp: TRUE"
-R 'rtcp.ssrc.cum_nr >= 50' -V -d udp.port==5005,rtcp -e
rtcp.ssrc.fraction -e rtcp.ssrc.jitter -e rtcp.ssrc.cum_nr -e
rtcp.sdes.text -e ip.src_host -e rtp.ext -S -T fields -E separator=, -E
quote=d

Is there anyway to also include the telephone extension
number as seen in the 'Text' field above the final 'Text' field??

Thanks for your help

  OCCURRENCE=F|L|A

Links:
------