Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 36193: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trunk/epan/dissectors/: packet-icmp.c

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 10:54:41 -0600

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 11:42:10AM -0400, Maynard, Chris wrote:

But the entire encapsulated IP header is present, correct?

Yes.

So it should be possible to verify the encapsulated IP header
checksum, shouldn't it?

Yes, but my change is about verifying the ICMP header's checksum.

If I'm still not understanding correctly, for my own benefit, maybe
you could post a small capture file depicting the situation?

I'll send it to you privately.