Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 36179: Makefile.common packet-mndp.c

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 10:35:29 -0800

On Mar 12, 2011, at 10:26 AM, Joerg Mayer wrote:

I obviously didn't encounter that problem on my 32-bit system. Your
workaround will do for now, but as we now have data types (time) that will put
additional stuff instead of only TRUE/FALSE into this call, I wanted to
create a generic solution. What's the "correct" solution to this? Use
a union?

Add a new member to the ext_value_string structure, containing a guint giving the encoding value to pass to the
specialfunction, rather than overloading evs?

Unfortunately, in standard C89, you can't initialize unions arbitrarily.