Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 37826: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trunk/epan/dissectors/: packet-rpcap.c

From: Stig Bjørlykke <stig () bjorlykke org>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 09:04:35 +0200

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 7:21 AM,  <guy () wireshark org> wrote:
 Don't return an offset that you won't later use.

 The length fields in a pcap_pkthdr are unsigned, so presumably the
 equivalent fields in the rpcap protocol are also unsigned.

 Make sure the captured data length isn't bigger than the remaining data
 in the packet before attempting to construct a tvbuff for the packet
 data.  If it is, report that as an error, and don't even try to
 construct the tvbuff; that'll fail.  This fixes bug 6073.

I did not find that this fixed bug 6073, I still get long load time.

I have strengthened the heuristics in revision 37828, which seems to
really fix the problem.

The offset calculations was left on purpose, to easy extend the dissector later.

--
Stig Bjørlykke