Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Basic question about Wireshark

From: "news.gmane.com" <AndreasSander1 () gmx net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 16:56:01 +0200

"Frank Walter" <francwalter () gmx net> wrote in message
Hm. No, this didn't work.
But when I set 'Capture Filter:' to "No Broadcast and no Multicast" in the
"Wireshark: Capture Options" Dialog it works.
No more broadcast packets are shown.

Are you talking about capture filter?
Unfortunately the capture filter syntax is different from display filter
syntax.
The capture filter
  not ether dest ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
should exclude broadcast packets.

Now I discovered that I have all those packets from other wifi networks in
my list.
How can I filter them out?

If you talk about capture filter you can use
  ether host aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff
to get only packets from/to the specified host.