Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Eclipse project for Wireshark

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 12:32:44 -0700

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 07:45:23PM +0100, Dietfrid Mali wrote:

I have been trying to build Wireshark using Eclipse, but I am running
into missing header and C files all the way (particularly with many of
the decoders in the ASN1 source tree). The reason is that I want to
add a few new codecs using libspandsp, have failed in properly adding
them so far

The asn1 source tree contains template files and specification files
that are merged together and use #line and #file pre-processor
directives to show where everything came from.  There shouldn't be a
problem finding any headers.

would like to be able to conveniently debug Wireshark using Eclipse's
built-in graphical gdb frontend.

You could always try emacs :)

Is there an Eclipse project available for building Wireshark on Linux?

Not that I'm aware of.

If no, is there general information available how to build Wireshark
w/o using the automake stuff it comes with by default?

We have cmake build files.