Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Bug 5653 - Display "Day of Year" for January 1 as 1, not 0

From: Sake Blok <sake () euronet nl>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 21:11:14 +0100

On 7 feb 2011, at 19:46, Guy Harris wrote:

Unless the NASA guys who contributed the packet-ccsds.c and packet-vcdu.c dissectors would like to argue that, in
their dissection, a 0-origin day-of-year works better, in which case we should support both 0-origin and 1-origin
display formats, I would suggest switching to a 1-origin display format and see whether we get a complaint from any
space data people (in which case we should add a separate 0-origin format).

I like the practical trial-and-complaint approach. If we do get a complaint, I would suggest a preference for choosing
1-origin or 0-origin instead of displaying both.

Cheers,

Sake