Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Capture filter with UDP port range

From: Chris Maynard <Chris.Maynard () gtech com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 14:33:28 +0000 (UTC)

Boaz Galil <boaz20@...> writes:

I would like to capture all UDP traffic between port 8000 to
8100. How can I create a “Capture Filter” that consists of port range (I am
trying to avoid long “or” statement).

How can I do that?

If the ports you list are inclusive, then try: udp portrange 8000-8100.
And if you really want traffic "in between" those ports, then obviously use: udp
portrange 8001-8099.  You can further qualify the range to apply only to the
source (src) or destination (dst) ports if you need to.

Read the man page for more information: http://linux.die.net/man/7/pcap-filter