Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Rev 38350 Capture Options Changes - Named Pipe?

From: Michael Tüxen <Michael.Tuexen () lurchi franken de>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 22:47:02 +0200

On Aug 10, 2011, at 10:37 PM, Colin O'Flynn wrote:

Hello,

It was possible to type over the interface name in the previous dialog with
the named pipe. This is described at
http://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/Pipes ("3. The named pipe is not
listed in the drop-down interface selection, and must be typed into the
interface box. On Windows, it must be typed slowly (or pasted).").
Interesting... We were not aware of this. I'll put it on our ToDo list
to find a way to specify it in the GUI.
Using it on the command line should work...

Thanks for reporting this!

Best regards
Michael

Regards,