Wireshark mailing list archives

Source Code Analysis for Wireshark

From: "Lynn Gayowski" <Lynn.Gayowski () klocwork com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 10:07:11 -0400

I believe Klocwork's open source program did some source code analysis
for Wireshark a few years back.  We'd like to analyze the project again
using our static analysis product, Klocwork Insight, to give a report on
bugs and potential security vulnerabilities.  The results would be
hosted on a secure web portal where contributors could access the
results. Would this be of interest to any Wireshark developers?

To do the analysis, we just need some basic info:  URL of the source
code repository, version you'd like analyzed, build platform and
programming language.

This program will be offered free to open source projects on an ongoing
basis, so if you find the results of value we could analyze future
versions of your project as well.

Cheers,

Lynn Gayowski

Klocwork