Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Using cf_callback_add from a plugin

From: "Bruce, Joseph R (Joe)" <joseph.bruce () pnl gov>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 09:00:22 -0700

I'm writing a plugin that registers a capture file callback via
cf_callback_add (./file.c:173, ./file.h:83).  The callback is invoked on
read and other interesting cf events.  This works fine on my *nix build,
but Windows is unhappy.  The only other code that registers a cf
callback
is ./gtk/main.c, which Windows has no problem with.  My plugin fails to
link with unresolved symbol errors:

Try adding cf_callback_add to epan/libwireshark.def.  If that works for
you, I
can check in a change to that file so cf_callback_[add|remove] will be
available
in the future.

I added it, but an error was reported when linking libwireshark.lib:

libwireshark.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
cf_callback_add

Is cf_callback_add part of libwireshark?  file.c doesn't appear anywhere
in the compile or link stages for the libwireshark build.