Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Broadcom BCM4312 supports mode monitor

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 10:31:41 -0600

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 01:10:00AM +0300, Marco Antônio Moraes wrote:

 I wonder if Broadcom BCM4312 wireless card supports monitor mode.
 This wireless card is works with WL module. If yes, how to do it? If
 not, what is the best wireless card that supports monitor mode on
 Wireshark.

I use Debian Squeeze, in laptop Dell Vostro 1310.

This page may be helpful:

WLAN (IEEE 802.11) capture setup

  http://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/WLAN