Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Usage of MS protocol documentation in Wireshark

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 12:20:30 -0600

On Tue, Sep 07, 2010 at 04:32:24PM +0300, Kaul wrote:

Is it OK to use MS protocols documentation (concrete example -
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc207842.aspx) to enhance Wireshark?

I recently thought about this regarding another protocol, and decided
that it would probably be ok especially since we're not making an
implementation of the protocol - only dissecting it.  I'm no laywer
though.  Microsoft folks would probably find it useful to troubleshoot
their software anyway ;)