Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 34186: /trunk/ /trunk/epan/: column-utils.c column.c column.h column_info.h epan.c epan.h prefs.c proto.c proto.h /trunk/gtk/: main.c main_packet_list.c new_packet_list.c prefs_column.c prefs_column.h

From: Sake Blok <sake () euronet nl>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 17:55:04 +0200

On 23 sep 2010, at 09:37, Stig Bjørlykke wrote:

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 10:56 PM,  <sake () wireshark org> wrote:
Log:
 When using a custom column, make it possible to select which occurrence to show if the field has multiple
occurrences.

Very nice feature Sake!

Thanks!  I thought so too :-)

I have some small issues:

1.  When showing all occurrences and turning off "Show Resolved" (on
an entry which is resolved) nothing is displayed (e.g. ip.proto on an
icmp package).  The correct would be to display all values.

I will look into this...

2. When entering a big number in "Field occurrence" we get an
overflow.  Maybe we should limit this value to a decent maximum?

No problem, how does 250 sound as a limit?

 I want to be able to set this value from the heading popup menu.

That would be great indeed. Maybe you should wait a bit. I have the idea to add the option to chose the character to
aggregate values with (it now uses a comma, which does not look nice when showing all ip.addr for instance). Do you
think that's useful too?

Cheers,

Sake