Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Wireless (802.11) Management packet generation using wireshark.

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 10:06:34 -0600

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 02:28:09PM +0530, Rajan Vijayaraghavan wrote:

I am using wireshark to capture 802.11 packets. I've a new
requirements to generate 802.11 management packets like Probe Request,
Association Request et al. Is this possible to do via wireshark?

No, but there are a number of other tools that should be of help:

        http://wiki.wireshark.org/Tools#Traffic_generators