Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Filter for generated items

From: Helge Kruse <helge.kruse () googlemail com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 07:36:46 +0100

2010/11/14 Guy Harris guy () alum mit edu

How can I either add a hack to my DLL to simulate
proto_item_append_string or provide another way to filter and find?

You don't:

       http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/201011/msg00156.html

That fix is scheduled for inclusion in the 1.4.2 and 1.2.13 releases.

Thank you for fixing. But since I need to deploy the DLL to existing
Wireshark installations, this would not help in this case. I cannot force to
install a specific version of Wireshark just to support my dissector.

Reagards,

Helge