Wireshark mailing list archives

compiling multiple versions of ESP

From: Jonathan <jshufelt () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 14:12:46 -0700

All,
I used the packet-ipsec.c to create two specific versions ofr ESP according
to rfc 2406 and ESPv3 according to rfc 4303.  I made them plugins and have
tested them repeatedly seperatly and they work great.  When I compile them
both at the same time and try to use them separately in the Analyze->Enabled
Protocols switches only the ESPv3 one works.  The other seems to default to
packet-ipsec-tcp.c even though ESP is not enabled.  I registered them
differently but I might have forgot to change something.  Any clues would be
helpful, thanks. --Jonathan