Wireshark mailing list archives

Dissector portability in windows

From: Chiru Reddy <chiru.0123456789 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 22:42:58 -0700

Hi

I have developed a dissector .It has to be portable across PC's.I used the
fallowing to compile wireshark

   1. visual studio 2005
   2. cygwin 1.7.1
   3. python31
   4. wireshark-1.0.10

The dissector works fine on the PC in which i compiled.
I installed wireshark-1.0.10 on another PC and placed the dll at both
C:\Documents and Settings\chiru reddy\Application Data\Wireshark\plugins and

C:\Program Files\Wireshark\plugins\1.0.10

But when i start wireshark it says
Couldn't load module C:\Program Files\Wireshark\plugins\1.0.10\xxx.dll: The
specified module could not be found.

Please tell the suspected mistake/path to place.I am maintaining the version
dependency

Thanks in advance
Chiranjeevi