Wireshark mailing list archives

gprs-ns / nsip dissectors

From: "Mike Morrin" <Mike.Morrin () ipaccess com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 07:45:37 -0000

I have noticed that we have duplicate dissectors for GSM 48.016:
packet-gprs-ns.c and packet-nsip.c.

Do we have a policy of removing duplicate dissectors?

Both of these appear to be well written, and work OK, but I prefer the
output of packet-nsip, as it is less cluttered (e.g. dissecting NS
block) and seems to be updated to a later version of 3GPP (understands
SDU control bits).

If it is useful I could check more carefully that packet-nsip.c is
complete as a precursor to removing packet-gprs-ns.c?

Mike

This message contains confidential information and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify the sender and delete the message immediately.

ip.access Ltd, registration number 3400157, Building 2020,
Cambourne Business Park, Cambourne, Cambridge CB23 6DW, United Kingdom