Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Batch "Copy Bytes ( Printable text only)" on marked packets?

From: kevin creason <ckevinj () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 09:50:30 -0500

Have you tried the 'follow tcp conversation' right click option? I
find that very handy for http streams.

On Saturday, June 5, 2010, Kervin Pierre <kervin () adevsoft com> wrote:

Hello,

I’ve used Wireshark to dump a large HTTP session (
1000s of requests ) that I need to process.  This worked perfectly,
thanks!

While processing the stream, I notice that most of the lines
that I needed began with the word “[ truncated ]” and was indeed
cut off.  I’ve learnt that there is a 240 character limit in the GUI
display ( “clist”? ) and somehow that is also enforced in text
export ( can’t imagine why though ).

Right-clicking a packet then selecting “copy”
then the “Bytes ( Printable text only)” submenu does exactly what I
need.  The problem is that I  have 1000s of packets and this process
will have to be done on a regular basis.  Hence I really can’t right
and copy then past each packet in the capture.

Is there a way I can “batch copy” marked
packets?

I really need the complete packets in the HTTP stream.

Is there another way I can get the complete HTTP
stream?  I’m imagining this is a common thing to do.

Best regards,

Kervin

Adevsoft Web Development

http://adevsoft.com/

--
-Kevin
/*“ I am looking for a lot of men who have an infinite capacity to not