Wireshark mailing list archives

Filter protocols / traffic that embeds IP information in data field

From: "Hansen, Ulrich Vestergaard B. (E R WP EN ES 4 2)" <uvh () siemens com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 17:39:48 +0200

Hi All,

I have a live network running with multiple applications - some of them being self-developed.
I've tapped into a fat trunk link to capure every conversation between servers and clients.

I want to filter traffic that embeds IP adresses inside the data field / data segment to identify which applications
might have trouble with Network Address Translation - like SIP, FTP and SNMP.

How do i do that? Any suggestions?.
I use Wireshark and CACE Pilot.

Best Regards
Ulrich