Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: To many STP protocol

From: Martin Visser <martinvisser99 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 12:10:10 +1000

I presume you are saying that you are seeing too many STP packets on your
network. What is too many to you? I would expect to see a STP BPDU every 2
seconds from the switch I connect to. Depending on the STP mode you are
using you might see a STP BPDU on every VLAN you have configured on that
switch, and you would see each and every one on the 802.1q trunks connecting
them.

Regards, Martin

MartinVisser99 () gmail com