Wireshark mailing list archives

Rearranging packets

From: "Rach, Darshan" <DarshanR () nds com>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 13:24:27 +0530

Hi,

If data is split across packets, how to extract fields (from next packet) in continuation with the previous packet?
For example:
My full packet looks like this:
field 1

field 2

field 3

field 4

field 5

field 6

field 7

field 8

Initially, wireshark receives the following fragment only,
field 1

field 2

field 3

field 4

Then it receives this fragment,
field 5

field 6

field 7

field 8

What code changes need to be made (attached code file) to handle such a situation, where in parsing has to start from
"Field 5" in the second packet.

I have followed all the guidelines for "Packet Reassembly" while coding. Still I am not able to parse the packet
fragments properly.
Kindly help.

This message is confidential and intended only for the addressee. If you have received this message in error, please
immediately notify the postmaster () nds com and delete it from your system as well as any copies. The content of
e-mails as well as traffic data may be monitored by NDS for employment and security purposes.

An NDS Group Limited company. www.nds.com