WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Help with referer issues in XSS

From: "Alan Tatourian" <alan () tatourian com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 22:01:24 -0800

If you want to create a script setting headers and exploiting XSS, that you
could redistribute to potential victims via email, you can't. But there are
number of ways to set a 'referer' via various tools or in lower level
languages. You could also write a script that would take a victim to an
evilguy.com which would do the harm setting headers, etc... There are other
more sophisticated ways like man-in-the-middle attacks that would also work.

Alan Tatourian