WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: .asp giving 404

From: "Calderon, Juan Carlos (GE, Corporate, consultant)" <juan.calderon () ge com>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 09:37:09 -0400

3 things on top of my mind

1. Your page is doing a "unaware" redirection to a non existing page, so
it is loaded, but then it redirects you (or transfer you, they are
different in ASP) and you get the 404 error massage
2. Antivirus is detecting and removing the shell or putting it on
quarantine (not likely if it is a web page)
3. IIS server is hardened and classic asp pages are "served" by 404.dll
a dll created by MS to prevent access to pages of certain type.

Hope it helps,
Juan C Calderon