WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: [WEB SECURITY] Re: HTTP Parameter Pollution

From: Stefano Di Paola <stefano.dipaola () wisec it>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 18:26:00 +0200

Ryan,
thanks for letting us know this reference since we missed it completely.

We have tried several times to find articles/papers like this one,
looking on Google for previous researches about this topic.
We will definitely put it in the bibliography reference of our white
paper.

Having said that, the article just passes it by, and touches from a
quite long distance the concepts we have deeply discussed in our
presentation/research.
No real life threats have been shown (AFAIK) and it covers server side
(gross filters bypass) issues only.

Anyway, thanks a lot! It's always a good chance to share knowledge and
folk memories :)

Cheers,
Stefano & Luca

PS. Just for fun, we may consider it as an archaeological finding..
something like the Homo Sapiens Neanderthalensis of HPP (joking :P).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neanderthal