WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: How can i protect against session hijacking?

From: "Marco M. Morana" <marco.m.morana () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 20:00:16 -0400

If the IP address is stored in the cookie and used for authentication it is as easy as getting it from the cookie with XSS.
From the attacker perspective it can be good target since for example some
web applications give the users authorization privileges to web server based upon the fact that the connection comes from certain IP addresses.

Remote IP spoofing at the network layer is more difficult but not impossible. It assumes an "internal" attacker can compromise a server remotely and install a TCP relay to intercept and monitor the traffic with tools like Jiri Rickter's MiTM etc

Marco
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robin Wood" <dninja () gmail com>