WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Administrivia: Moderation Policy and Happy Holidays

From: Andrew van der Stock <vanderaj () greebo net>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 13:27:14 -0500

Hi folks,

Sorry the slow moderation recently - just had our first kid! :)

http://www.greebo.net/

Now, there was one recent thread which seemed to get acrimonious, and
so few - if any more - posts to that thread will be approved.

In general, I approve messages if they:

a) are at least somewhat incidental to the webappsec field, although I
prefer them to be fully on topic
b) are of a reasonable tone and generally personable
c) announce events which are of direct interest to this particular
readership. No event will be plugged more than three times (cfp, early
bird registration, and last minute)

The caveats:

a) I do not approve spam (for the most part ;-)
b) I do not check links that often unless it looks spammy, so caveat
clicker as always, particularly as the non-spammy ones are likely to
be waayyyyyy more dangerous than the spammy ones
c) I do not approve posts which are better off in other lists, such as
bugtraq or full disclosure or pentest

Understand one last thing: I do not fact check as a matter of policy.
I am not going to re-do anyone's research or check your post to ensure
accuracy. We're all thinking folks here, and if you're wrong, that's
part of the discussion about *you* not the moderation of this list.
Anything you post is your responsibility. If a poster wants to send
posts which are not in their long term best interests, such as being
wrong or irrelevant, that's the poster's problem. I draw the line when
it gets acrimonious, and not any sooner. The thing is the discussion
and it's not my role to squelch that just because some don't like
what's being said.

Just in case I don't have a chance to speak to you all again this
year, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy Lemon Cup Cake Day!

thanks,
Andrew

Sponsored by: Watchfire Methodologies & Tools for Web Application Security Assessment With the rapid rise in the number and types of security threats, web application security assessments should be considered a crucial phase in the development of any web application. What methodology should be followed? What tools can accelerate the assessment process? Download this Whitepaper today!
https://www.watchfire.com/securearea/whitepapers.aspx?id=70170000000940F