WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Defining scope of web application pentest

From: Vishal Garg <vishal () firstbase co uk>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 17:47:55 +0000

Hi,

Can anyone please tell what needs to be considered while defining the scope of a web application penetration test. Here I am concerned only about the web application and the web server that would exclude every other bit related to the infrastructure (such as firewall or a proxy etc). Also how do we calculate the effort required to test a web application. The things which I think may be considered are the number of static and dynamic pages and types of users involved etc. But what else can be considered?

Any inputs would be highly appreciated.

Cheers
Vishal

Sponsored by: Watchfire Methodologies & Tools for Web Application Security Assessment With the rapid rise in the number and types of security threats, web application security assessments should be considered a crucial phase in the development of any web application. What methodology should be followed? What tools can accelerate the assessment process? Download this Whitepaper today!
https://www.watchfire.com/securearea/whitepapers.aspx?id=70170000000940F