WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: XSS - how to run script

From: "Joshua Perrymon" <josh.perrymon () purehacking com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 09:09:46 +1000

One of the best repositories of exotic ways to perform XSS
(with or without evasion, with or without script tag) is the
XSS cheat sheet:
http://ha.ckers.org/xss.html

I Agree 100%. I would look at the Cal9000 tool on the OWASP website.
http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Category:OWASP_CAL9000_Project
It uses Rsnakes XSS library and includes it in a Website/Tool/Scratchpad to
use during these APP tests. I put Cal9000 on the first version of the OWASP
Live CD but it won't be released for another Month. If you use it just make
sure your Browser is Firefox... It doesn't like Opera or others.

Cheers,

JP

Joshua Perrymon, CE|H,OPST,OPSA

Sr. Security Consultant

Pure Hacking - The Leaders In Internet Security

One of the best repositories of exotic ways to perform XSS
(with or without evasion, with or without script tag) is the
XSS cheat sheet:
http://ha.ckers.org/xss.html

hth

--
icesurfer

Tal Argoni wrote:
Does anyone have any
techniques/knowledge/examples/ideas/etc
of how it possible to run script
without using the <script> tag,
and without evasion techniques ?
<script
src=http://www.www.com/XSS.js></script>
Thanks allot
LegendaryZion

Need to secure your web apps?
Cenzic Hailstorm finds vulnerabilities fast.
Click the link to buy it, try it or download Hailstorm for FREE.

http://www.cenzic.com/products_services/download_hailstorm.php?camp=70
1600000008bOW