WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Disable SSL v2 ciphers on IIS 5.0

From: "Doug Markiewicz" <doug.markiewicz () vigilantminds com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 10:11:51 -0400

The article you pointed to covers disabling protocols not ciphers.  You
should disable everything but SSLv3 and TLSv1 on the protocol front.
You also want to restrict the ciphers that are available.  This is a
separate registry change.  The following link should help you out:

How to control the ciphers for SSL and TLS
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216482

How to Restrict the Use of Certain Cryptographic Algorithms and
Protocols in Schannel.dll
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/245030/