WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Academic papers on Web application security

From: "mike andrews" <mike.bugbox () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 19:59:28 -0700

Probably not exactly what you are after, but the next issue of IEEE
Security and Privacy magazine is specifically on web application
security.  I mention it, because some of the other people on this
mailing list may be interested.

http://www.computer.org/security

All articles for IEEE are peer-reviewed (this issue no exception), but
as usual for a special issue I invited people to write on particular
topics (an open call went out ages ago, although I had very few
proposals back - I picked these as I thought they would link together
to tell a good "story").  We have...

* JD Meier on Web Application Security Engineering - the do's and
don'ts of developing secure apps

* John Viega and Jerry Epstine's When bad things happen to good web
services - if a developer were to pick up "standards-based" technology
and use it can they be more or less secure?

*Mark Curphey and Rudolph Araujo looks at the pros and cons of QA
security tools

* Denis Verdon discusses how to CYA against the potential legal
fallout of a bad web app through policies.

Cheers,
Mike.