WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: http/spnego connections

From: "Saqib Ali" <docbook.xml () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 07:35:14 -0700

Hi Adam,

As far as I understand SPNEGO is a kerberos implementation for web
browsers. So it works the same way as a kerberos client would, i.e.
once you get the ticket it is valid for certain amount of time. You
don't need a persistent connection.

The ticket that the client gets from the Ticket Granting Server has
the following syntax:

Ticket (client, service) : service, [client, client address, validity,
Key(client, service)]Key(client, TGS)

Where "service" is the the resource that the client is trying to
access. In this case, the Web application.
"Validity" tells how long the ticket should be valid for. You can
force expire tickets on kerborized applications/client.

On Active Directory you can the set the ticket lifetime in the
Kerberos Policy setting using Group Policy Managment Console.

--
Saqib Ali, CISSP, ISSAP
Support http://www.capital-punishment.net