WebApp Sec mailing list archives

MasterBugs Released

From: "Gerald Quakenbush" <geraldq () mastermindsecuritygroup com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 08:44:23 -0400

MasterBugs is a GNU-licensed application that is written in legacy ASP scripts
with a Microsoft SQL Server backend. I developed it for use in a appsec
training program that I do and recently got enough of it re-written so it can
be open-sourced.

It is similar in purpose to WebGoat and Hacme Bank. Originally, the program
was a proof-of-concept program for a project that never grew legs. That
original version was written back in 96 and used some concepts similar to
AJAX. These concepts bring about some interesting security issues all their
own.

Here's the site:
http://www.quakenbush.com

At this point, I haven't published a list of vulnerabilities in the
application, so if you try it out, keep track of all the issues you find and
when I get the list put together you will have something to compare it to.

Thanks,

-Gerald