WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Next Owasp-london meeting on Web Application Firewalls

From: Dinis Cruz <dinis () ddplus net>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 11:36:34 +0100

Hello

I am thinking that it would be a good idea to do the next Owasp-London
meeting at the same time of the InfoSecurity conference in London (25th
to 27th of April) on the topic "Web Application Firewalls: Where do they
add value and who should be using them'

The format would be to have one or several vendors come in and do a 15m
presentation about their product (probably using it to defend against
SiteGenerator) followed by a panel discussion about them.

My main objective for the night will be to highlight the areas where Web
Application Firewalls are very effective (and deliver real value), and
the areas where they are useless.

Now that I have mastered (sort of :) the art of Podcasting (the
recording of my LondonDotNet 'Rooting the CLR' worked ok) I will podcast
this Owasp-London event and post it on the owasp.net website.

I know that F5 have previously shown interest in sponsoring an
Owasp-London event, so if you (F5) are still  interested, let me know asap.

For the other Web Application Firewall vendors, please also let me know
asap if you want to do a 15m presentation about your product.

Best regards

Dinis Cruz
Owasp .Net Project
www.owasp.net