WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: [WEB SECURITY] SSL does not = a secure website

From: "Sebastien Deleersnyder" <sebastien.deleersnyder () ascure com>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 10:27:53 +0200

Hi Ryan,

What about a Trojan installed key logger?
These sniff all keys typed on the keyboard and then filter out interesting patterns, including credit card information
and social security numbers that do follow strict patterns.
The information is then sent to the attacker without the user knowing what is going on.
I do not know the exact names of recent viruses or worms that do this, but I am certain there are some real-world
examples.
SSL itself will not be attacked, the weak end-points, the user system and the application on the web server, will be
attacked.

Regards,

Sebastien
OWASP Belgium Chapter Lead