WebApp Sec mailing list archives

OWASP AppSec Europe 2006 Agenda Posted

From: "Dave Wichers" <conferences () owasp org>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 22:08:32 -0500

All,

I have recently had time to post the agenda that has been developed to date
for the OWASP Conference being held in Europe at the end of May in Brussels.
It is available at:

http://www.owasp.org/conferences/appsec2006europe/schedule.html

It is not complete as we haven't completed the call for papers yet, and are
still lining up additional speakers, including 1-2 keynotes, but the bulk of
the agenda (more than half anyway) is now identified and listed here.

This conference will introduce 2 panels which is a first for an OWASP
conference. We intend to end each day with a provocative panel discussion on
some key aspect of the state of web application security.

The first is a panel on:

"Should companies be emulating Microsoft's Security Development Lifecycle
(SDL)?"

For this panel, we intend to get a representative from Microsoft, as well as
representatives from other large development organizations as well as well
known members of the web application security community.

At the end of day two, we are having this panel:

"Are we winning the war?" - Are we actually getting a handle on application
security issues and making things better, or are things still getting worse?

Moderator: Gunnar Peterson
Panelists: Roger Thornton, CTO Fortify; Dave Wichers, COO Aspect Security;
and 1-2 others TBD.

I think a lively debate on how we are really doing in the web application
security arena to date is a great way to wind up the conference.

With multiple tracks, 2 panels, a refereed papers track, and a tutorial day
prior to the conference with two different tutorials available, I think this
years OWASP conference will be a significant improvement over the previous
year's event. I heard very positive feedback from the attendees of last
years conference in London and I intend to continue to improve them each
time.

Hope to see many of you there!!

Thanks, Dave

p.s. Early registration ends at the end of April. Starting May 1, the
conference fee will increase by 50 Euros.

Dave Wichers
OWASP Conferences Chair