WebApp Sec mailing list archives

SF new article announcement - Malicious Malware: attacking the attackers, part 1

From: Andrew van der Stock <vanderaj () greebo net>
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 12:21:48 +1100

[ Please note that although I disapprove of attacking back (as it's illegal pretty much everywhere - you cannot steal from someone who stole from you as then you're both thieves in the eyes of the law - I'm going to approve both of these articles for discussion's sake - ajv ]

Begin forwarded message:

The following Infocus article was published on SecurityFocus today:

Malicious Malware: attacking the attackers, part 1
by Thorsten Holz and Frederic Raynal
2006-01-31

This article explores measures to attack those malicious attackers who seek to harm our legitimate systems. The proactive use of exploits and bot networks that fight other bot networks, along with social engineering and attacker techniques are all discussed within an ethical framework. Part one of two.

http://www.securityfocus.com/infocus/1856