WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: MD5 Password encoding (was: Defeating Citi-Bank Virtual Keyboard Protection)

From: Gary Gwin <ggwin () cafesoft com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 13:12:33 -0700

We have an interactive webapp to help users understand how passwords are hashed using the scheme that Netscape developed for directory server many years ago. You might find it helpful:

http://www.cafesoft.com/CSDigest/showDigest.do

The documentation on the page is tilted towards use in our product's authentication modules so you'll need to abstract the relevant pieces of information.

Gary

--

Gary Gwin
Cafesoft

*  Cams is a web single sign-on software solution for Apache,  *
*  Microsoft IIS, BEA WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, JBoss, Oracle,  *
*  and Tomcat web and J2EE application servers.                *