WebApp Sec mailing list archives

OWASP Guide 2.0 Release Candidate

From: Andrew van der Stock <vanderaj () greebo net>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 02:49:16 +1000

Hi there,

The OWASP Guide 2.0 release candidate is now available. Please
download the Guide in your favorite format.

Word:
http://www.greebo.net/owasp/Guide2.0RC.zip (1.6 MB)

PDF
http://www.greebo.net/owasp/Guide2.0RC.pdf (1.6 MB)

If you have any URGENT edits, please address them to me directly at
vanderaj () greebo net

It has some editing to go, and potentially a chapter will be dropped
out (it will re-appear in 2.1), but essentially, this is the order
and content of the Final. I have supplied the main Guide list with
the list of tasks to be completed, so I will not trouble you with
them here.

If you feel like reviewing the content, please start at the back and
work forwards. The early chapters to "Session Management" have been
reviewed quite a few times. The other chapters from Session
Management on back have not been reviewed fully. Some, like Data
Validation, Buffer overflows, Injections, etc are absolutely brand
spanking new in this release.

There will be a 2.0.1, probably by the end of August, and 2.1 will be
by the end of November when we go into print with No Starch Press.
Edits for 2.0.1 will be incorporated into 2.1.

thanks,
Andrew