WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Dropping connection instead of returning 400

From: Michael Silk <michaelsilk () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 09:56:09 +1100

Christopher,

 It seems like such a trivial measure that I don't think breaking the
spec is worth it. You seem to be concerned about the information
returned... well just return less. Don't 'break the spec' for
something so trivial.

 Like the comments on your blog say, bandwidth is a silly reason; and
you can simply configure the server to not display the OS, or give a
fake OS if that makes you feel more comfortable.

 Breaking the spec is a bad idea, IMO.

-- Michael