WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: ISA Server and SQL Injection

From: "Hofmeyr, Michael (ZA - Johannesburg)" <mhofmeyr () deloitte co za>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 20:04:54 +0200

"I'm not sure any firewall would stop a SQL Injection attack"

Checkpoint's Firewall-1 has a module called "Application Intelligence"
which can do pattern matching. I guess you could use this to stop
packets containing known sql injection strings, but as John mentioned it
should really be dealt with at the application level.

Rgds

Michael Hofmeyr
Deloitte.
Direct: +27 11 209 6249
Main: +27 11 806 5000
Fax: +27 11 806 5871
Mobile: +27 803 300 3586
email: mhofmeyr at deloitte dot co dot za
www.deloitte.com

Important Notice: This email is subject to important restrictions, qualifications and disclaimers ("the Disclaimer")
that must be accessed and read by visiting our website and viewing the webpage at the following address:
http://www.deloitte.com/za/disclaimer.  The Disclaimer is deemed to form part of the content of this email in terms of
Section 11 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 25 of 2002.  If you cannot access the Disclaimer,
please obtain a copy thereof from us by sending an email to ClientServiceCentre () Deloitte co za.