WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: force extention handling in IIS?

From: Cory Foy <Cory.Foy () mobilehwy com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:49:53 -0500

In your ISAPI Filters, can't you just set up a filter for file.asp and have it point to the PHP ISAPI, instead of doing *.php or some other wildcard?

Cory

Ken Schaefer wrote:
Neither of these two things will work.

a) Server.Transfer() will attempt to run the page using the ASP engine. The
ASP ISAPI extension doesn't understand PHP

b) That affects all .asp pages (as you note), but OP says that he can't
change the setting for all ASP pages (yet). However, this setting is actually
on an Application by Application basis. You can create a new web application
at any folder level in the web root hierarchy via the IIS Manager. So, if you
convert an entire folder worth of files, you could remap .asp -> PHP ISAPI
extension on a folder-by-folder basis.
One could use redirects, but I hear that you get penalised by search engines
if you do that sort of thing on a massive scale.

Cheers
Ken