WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: Content monitorting in Application Security

From: "Ofer Shezaf" <Ofer.Shezaf () breach com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 17:17:35 -0500

It is a very nice idea: when thinking about it spam filtering is quite
similar.

Unfortunately my experience shows me that when you get to the small
details there is a lot of work (usually too much) when changing the
monitored protocol. We have though about applying our technology to
non-http environments, and while the underlying technology would
probably fit, the implementation itself requires way too much work.

Some of the work needed is in the infrastructure elements (parsing for
example), but it also seems that when translated to a product the
technology gathered a lot of "know-how" of the specific environment it
work on.

Ofer Shezaf
CTO, Breach Security

Tel: +972.9.956.0036 ext.212