WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Proposal to anti-phishing

From: Rogan Dawes <discard () dawes za net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 08:30:33 +0100

Kurt Seifried wrote:
Please kill this thread, it's gotten completely silly.

If user's are willing to go to a website of unknown providence and type in their credit card # no amount of technology will help, attackers will find a way to trick users (phone, fax, email, web, whatever, none of this is really new).

Kurt Seifried, kurt () seifried org

Hi Kurt,

For me, this thread is about making users realise that they should not need to type in anything to identify themselves (other than the PIN for their smart card), so they start getting suspicious about websites that do ask for this information.

Regards,

Rogan
--
Rogan Dawes

*ALL* messages to discard () dawes za net will be dropped, and added
to my blacklist. Please respond to "lists AT dawes DOT za DOT net"