WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Looking for a Web Application Vulnerable to XSS Cookie Grab

From: "Jeff Williams" <jeff.williams () aspectsecurity com>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 17:16:06 -0500

WebGoat has lessons on both stored and reflected XSS. You can use the
reflected XSS lessons to do what you want to do simply by sending your
victim an email that has a link exploiting the vulnerable page in WebGoat.

The stored XSS lesson used to work the way you want, with all users messages
going into a single list.  But it was confusing for students who want to
test with *their* messages only.  If you'd like the multi-user behavior, you
can change StoredXss.java in the makeList method as follows...
ResultSet results = statement.executeQuery( STANDARD_QUERY + " WHERE user =
'" + s.getUserName() + "'" );

ResultSet results = statement.executeQuery( STANDARD_QUERY );

--Jeff